Friday, May 22, 2009

The simple life


Frugality is one of the most beautiful and joyful words in the English language, and yet one that we are culturally cut off from understanding and enjoying. The consumption society has made us feel that happiness lies in having things, and has failed to teach us the happiness of not having things. ~Elise Boulding

I am becoming more and more away of the truth of these words...... Tomorrow i will be going thrifting with my baby cousin and hope to find some new pre loved treasures. I will let you know what we unearth.....

I had a crazy busy week and had an unexpected visit from my MEC, which went really well. I am hoping that this means more funding for the project.....

But now it is weekend and i am looking forward to:
  • Time with my family and friends.
  • The oyster festival tomorrow.
  • Shopping - books, books, books,
  • Watching fight club again with my hubby tonight and doing some more work on the blanket i am making.
  • Soaking up the emotional connections in my home this weekend... little hands, kisses, craziness, talking, coffee, still spousal moments once kids are sleeping....
Embrace the simple life, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment