Sunday, May 17, 2009

End of the weekend


So we put another weekend to bed. They just seem to go to fast. I start every weekend with huge plans but there just never seems to be enough time to do it all. I had a crazy busy weekend this time around. We did bake yesterday and settled on chocolate chip (a favourite recipe that i will post) and some anzac biscuits. Anzac biscuits are basically crunchies, oat and coconut biscuits. I chucked in a handful of chocolate peanuts and they were great. As they were about to come out of the oven, the power went out. Fortunantly when we opened the oven they were ready. I also cooked a great pot of butternut and barley soup, which was fantastic and went down a treat on a cold winter day. We squeezed in some scrapbooking and i was happy with my two pages. They werent "ifffy" i you know what i mean. When you just put them in the album and think "oh, well, its done now..."

Our evening got a bit chaotic when some people (I wont mention names in fear of offending some of my followers :) drank too much red wine but that's life..... The poster on this post is especially for them. I am sure that they think that they offering angel was a devil this morning!

Today i got to laugh at my husband's hangover (he was one of the guilty parties!!!) and went off to my best friend's son birthday party. I enjoyed the party although felt the absence of the abovementioned hubby when i had to juggle the two kids in the restaurant. How does one watch two at the same time? We had a bit of excitement when Seth got stuck at the top of one of those funky modular jungle gyms. I was just trying to figure out how to get my butt up to the top to rescue him when i was saved by my oldest son, who heroically climbed up and dragged his brother, kicking, wailing but safe down!

Well life isnt supposed to be boring! I wish you all a good week, free of germs (thankfully Seth is fully recovered), free of stress, full of unexpected gifts of life......

No comments:

Post a Comment