Friday, May 8, 2009

Friday, wonderful friday....





Its friday again, thankfully and this friday is greatly appreciated.

This is a special weekend as its mothers day (Its wonderful that i get to celebrate that!) and we will have my mother-in-law with us on the Sunday. We will be having a family breakfast to celebrate. I have many roles, many hats i wear but of all of these i cherish the role of mother most. Its my most creative role, my leading role, my star role, my most fulfilling role and the role that means most to me. Its the role that has psychologically filled me out, grounded me, allowed me to know me most. So to all the moms I know, the moms of the future, have a wonderful mother's day.

On this crazy friday (I just discovered that i have a new political head), i am grateful for the following things:
  • Winter, which is racing down on us madly. Especially winter with a whole weekend of hibernating attached.
  • The seasonal confetti of autumn hued leaves that are sprinkled around my city right now.
  • The promise of all the glorious new cosmic cricket scrapbooking supplies that i bought yesterday (on 50% off!!!!) and the beautiful photos that are calling out to be used.
  • The sense of accomplishment that comes from a week of hard work that actually rendered results.
  • So very, very grateful that i was blessed with the care of the wise beautiful souls that are my sons and that through them that i was able to carry this, my most cherished title of mom.
Wishing you a wonderful weekend and remember dont forget your mom. We all have one.....

"We bear the world and we make it .... There was never a great man who had not a great mother." Olive Schreiner.

1 comment:

  1. It's the first Mother's Day in my life that I haven't been with my mom. Ieven cut a Queenstown trip short to make her breakfast 2 years back.

    ReplyDelete