What a great way to start the morning! Especially a Monday morning. Much thanks to Angelique from "Isnt Life grand?" for her kind nomination for a blog award. You can check out her great blog at http://angie-isntlifegrand.blogspot.com/ . I love finding blogs by other South African moms!
Part of the nomination is to share some things about myself and as i do like to talk about myself (she says in jest!!), here goes:
- I am a mom to almost three little ones. My sons are 7 and 4 years old and we are expecting a little girl in June. This fills me with great joy and some fear. I am trying to get me head around being the mom to a girl and what that means.
- I am an addictive reader who averages a book or two a week. I can by pass a shoe sale with ease but need to go into every second hand book shop i see.
- We are in the process of applying for a permanent visa to live in Australia. This is exciting but can also make you feel like your life is on hold a bit.
- We would ideally like to live in Melbourne. I grew up by the sea in the Eastern Cape and would love to return to the shore again.
- I am a social worker by profession and specialise in victim services. My husband is a logical, scientist who works in the computer science field. We once had a real fight for two days because he told me that one day computer scientists will build a computer that will be able to diagnose mental illness. REALLY, We did!
- I am a real home body that finds great comfort within the walls of my home, loves family and embraces my time with them.
- I would love to visit Russia one day. I love the architecture and the foreigness of the culture.
http://cindysmemoirsoftime.blogspot.com/ (Cindys Corner)
http://morninglorycottage.blogspot.com/ (Morning glory cottage)
http://its-our-life-for-six.blogspot.com (Urban homestead South Africa)
http://apronthriftgirl.typepad.com/apron_thrift_girl/(Apron thrift girl)
Thanks again Angelique! :)