Thursday, February 10, 2011

Mid pregnancy exhaustion

Now saying that you are pregnant and tired is like repeating yourself.  After three pregnancies I know this too well.  But that is a small consolation when you are in the midst of it all.  I think back fondly to my first pregnancy.  When i could come home from work, growl at Jason to feed himself, feed myself a giant chocolate and go to bed.  Now i come home, go to the shop, fetch child one, fetch child two, stop kids from killing each other other, make supper, stop my kids from eating snacks before said supper, feed my kids, bath my kids, let my kids watch tv because i am tired, feel guilty because i am vegging while they are staring at the idiot box, do the school bag clean out, do homework, have some meaningful engagement with kids about their day, get kids to sleep, fight with kids to sleep, get water for kids to drink, put the pillows just right and tuck them in AGAIN and finally collapse on the couch at about 8:15pm.

I then lie there in a daze of exhaustion wondering how i am going to get up at 5:45 and start all over again.  This week Seth was ill.  This added a whole new spanner in the works as i now had to get up at 11pm and 1am to give nose spray, fix pillows, administer calpol and finally take him to my bed where he proceeded to lie on top of me, even though he had a temprature which made me want to die with the heat.

All of the above does not equate restful pregnancy.  Most it equates me collapsing into bed as soon as possible, arranging multiple pillows around me and snoring gracefully.

But the other thing i have learnt is that complaining helps Niks!  So anyway tomorrow morning i will get up again and go through the motions and be very grateful it is weekend.

The good news is that we are going to see the princess on the small screen again on Monday the 14th.

Its been a while.

Al

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, I laughed at this now, it is SO true... letting kids watch TV because your tired, feeling guilty about it... get kids to sleep, fight with kids to sleep, get kids back into bed again, etc, etc. I'm not pregnant and I pass out at 8 almost every night!

    ReplyDelete