Thursday, June 4, 2009

Whats that i smell...... meatballs



My supper to be exact, which is currently in the oven. Authentic meatballs, tomato and basil spaghetti. As you can tell from the feast of gluttony ahead i need comfort! I had to attend a motivational session today with staff organised by HR. It turned into a religious experience with the pastor / motivational speaker telling us that we cannot love, succeed or be a good manner without god in our lives. I, the atheist, had to be sitting in the front row, which was a bit uncomfortable when she asked those in the room (about 300) people to put up their hands if they believed in god. I was the only one - noticeably so - who did not. Oh well...

My eyes are burning and i feel tired. I will have to do an early night tonight. To comfort myself i stopped at Clicks on the way home and indulged myself in full bath range of Pomegranate and Rosehip products that smell good enough to eat. Spaghetti and meatballs followed by a fragant, hot, communal bath. The Mama doesnt bath alone in this house!! Sometimes you just have to take care of yourself.

In closing i locked myself out of the house yesterday, which resulted in the Mama and the littlest W's having to break in, using the pool cleaning utensils (DONT ASK!!!). In the process, the Mama knocked over her bottle of Vitamin E oil and it broke. So after gaining entry into the house i had to clean up the glass. The little spectators where watching me as i did it. I thought that i had finished and Gabby was just about to walk over the spot when i stopped him. I ran my hand over the floor to check that there was no glass left.
I said: "Let me check that there is no glass left before you walk.."
G: "But then you will cut yourself..."
I: "I would rather cut myself then have you cut."
G: "You would?" (Look of total disbelief!)
G: " You must really love us Mama.."
Absolutely baby. This seemed to win me major brownie points. It also made me realise that as kids we really have no idea how absolutely, purely, without fail our parents love us. It takes being a parent to realise that kind of selflessness....

Hang in there friends..... its nearly over. I can smell friday! I hope that they chocolate fairy pays a visit to you....

No comments:

Post a Comment