These are my Mpumalanga chickens. Mr W spotted them on the side of the road and we both liked them. He says that there is something majestically primitive about the rooster. I just though that they would go perfectly with my red walls!
Today i feel a little bit less like the worm although i am facing three days of working late. Which i really hate. I will need to be strategic about planning meals. Today i wont be too late so i will see if i can cook two meals. I have the veggies for a pot of soup which i can cook at the same time as tonight's meal. Then there will only be one night of take out.
The sky is a bitter grey here in JHB and your very soul wants to retreat to bed. Its going to be a cold long winter. So to help me survive here are some gratitudes from me:
Right now i am grateful for:
- The fact that i really look forward to going home everyday. That my home is such a wonderful safe place for me, full of objects of beauty (at least in my eyes), particularly the little w's who make every day December sunny (My two summer boys).
- That i always have a cat that will seek me out once my sons are sleeping. The shared warmth of lap sharing cannot be underestimated.
- That i have a new book eyeing me out from my bedside table.
- That i can shop for more wool on saturday guilt free because it is for something that i am going to make right now. Because i really do need some more craft supplies. What? I really do!!!!
- That i have two days still left with my brother for late night chats over shared milo and biscuits.
- That my hubby is so supportive about my crazy work life.
- That we are already dreaming up another weekend away.......