Sunday, July 12, 2009

Weekend reflections


The happiest moments of my life have been the few which I have passed at home in the bosom of my family. ~Thomas Jefferson

And so it is Sunday night again. That strangest of times. The weekend is over but not quite, the week is about to start but not yet. This weekend in particular gave me much of what i wanted: I spent a great Friday evening with my cousin, who arrived bearing chocolate brownies (Could you love anyone more?). We went to Irene craft market and had a great day of shopping and lunch at the Irene dairy farm. The boys loved the cows, especially when they all came calmly walking past the restaurant area on their way to being milked. The boys got to run beside them and watch them drink water and do other bovine activities. I did a pile of work on the baby blanket i am making. I also made lovely fresh bread for the family. So all in all, rather satisfactory!

Sure the weekend also threw me some curve balls: Seth was miserable at the craft market and i was not able to get to some sections. I woke up at 2am with Gabriel and a raging fever. We were at the doctor at 9am this morning, where i had to cough up a hideous amount for after hours fees. But if i am learning anything lately, it is to take the good with the bad.

It was still a good weekend and i am hoping for a good week. It will be a busy one but i am sure still good. At least this weekend has helped me to revive my spirits....

Hope you also have a good week ahead of you...
Al

1 comment:

  1. Hello Allison,
    You've had a busy life lately. Congratulations on your own anniversary today. We're back from the coast and I'll post pictures soon, I hope. We'll see. Have to do laundry and repack tomorrow. (Big) Seth and I head for Las Vegas on Wednesday for nationals. Should be really hot over there. Hope you had a great day and your hubby treated you to something special. Is that a custom over there as well?

    ReplyDelete