Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A change in routine


http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2009/03/23/35-high-quality-pics-for-spring-inspiration/

They say that a change is as good as a holiday. They are right. Today i am working late so decided to save my sanity and go into the office late. It was fantastic. There is something wonderful about being alone at home in the morning. I was able to watch some TV, have a leisurely cup of coffee, do some crochet, dress at my own pace, all while watching my home full up with wonderful wintry sunshine. I left at 8:30 and was able to stop at the wool shop to pick up some wool for my blanket and still pick up my cousin's birthday gift. I got to the office at 9:30am feeling grand. I know i will be late tonight but at least i had some "me" time.

Right now my life is fine but unexciting. I am really feeling a hint of spring in the air and have launched into cleaning and re-decorating. My in laws are moving into a smaller home and my mother in law has kindly offered me some of their lovely furniture. I am inspired to clean up and sort out to accommodate these items. I have ordered some lovely roman blinds for my kitchen and my second lounge area and wooden blinds for my entrance hall. The cost was a gasper but i love the fabric and think they will make the rooms look great. I am also hoping to tile my entrance hall next week.

I have leave coming up in two weeks time and have arranged for my maid to bring in another lady to assist me with cleaning up the house. My gardener will also help with moving furniture and some major gardening. I feel better for it. You should love the space you call home.

Yesterday i received my three bread maker books from Kalahari. They are such a pleasure to buy from, delivering right to your door. They are wonderful and i feel inspired. So inspired that i made granola bread for breakfast this morning which was devoured. Nothing beats waking up the scent of home baked bread. It is comfort and home personified! I was also pleased to hear that i will be paid a nice acting allowance for the time that i am acting as a chief director, backdated to the time i commenced with the acting process (1 June). This will certainly pay for all my household renovations.

So i am in a good space right now. I am beating winter and Spring is on its way! I cant wait to see blossoms on my sad naked trees.

Wishing you always...
Walls for the wind,
A roof for the rain
And tea beside the fire.
Laughter to cheer you,
Those you love near you,
And all that your heart may desire

2 comments:

  1. Hey, if you need any help with the furniture moving, let me know xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Loo. Will I see you tomorrow night? I have a present for you. Something i bought while shopping for Megan's gift. Yes, I am Allison and I am a shopoholic!!!

    ReplyDelete