What a day. I had to go off to the doctor today and get antibiotics. So when i returned i took the handful of prescribed medication and went to die gracefully on my unmade bed. It was a real pity party! As i was lying there, half dead, i glanced out the door and saw my unapologetically happy lab, rolling on her back on the lawn, looking up into the branches of the tree, tail wagging for no particular reason and it struck me.... it really is a dog's life. Okay, granted, i do have one of the fattest, happiest dogs out, but i think the lesson is sound. Life should be simple and the big joys are the little ones. So friends, let me introduce you to Indigo, the chief food gobbler and face licker around her. (She calls it kisses).
Some lessons i think that i could learn from my dog:
- Dont sweat the small stuff and it is all small stuff.
- Make time by doing nothing.
- Its okay if they shout at you for chewing up stuff, it will soon be 6pm and they will feed and pet you.
- Lying in the sun with your belly in the air can cure a lot of heartache.
- Dont withhold love, the more you give, the more you get.
- Make friends with everyone, even the cat.
- The best place in the world is your kennel.
I hope your week gives you some unexpected gifts and remember when it doubt, go and roll on the lawn!