Friday, August 20, 2010

Busy bees


We have been busy, crazy busy.  It has been a month that has simply taken my breath away and i often feel like Seth here!  I just want to throw my hands up and ask:  "What just happened.... and happened.... and happened?"

Spring is in the air and we are counting down to the 1st September.  The weekends have been wonderful as we have been able to spend them outside with me delegating cooking to hubby on the fire.  But Spring also has its downside (Yes, I KNOW, i have been bitching about winter forever but hear me out!).  I love Spring wholeheartedly but it also requires me to deal with my crazy must clean up my life urge.  There is a real energy in the air and i suddenly feel the need to spring clean the clutter hiding holes in my house and deal with my ever increasing bum size.  In a few weeks those long jackets and skirts are just not going to cut it in terms of hiding the flab..  So i have joined weighless and reinvigorated my gyming.

Part of my madness was my "I am really supermom" madness that overtook me this month.  It was Gabriel's school fete and his class got stuck with manning the food stall which involved Moi cooking 10kgs of mince curry and setting up stalls and serving said cooked food.  I dont ever want to see mince curry again.  But the kids had a great time and the school raised thousands of rands and at least i hope i scored some brownie points with his teacher.  Why does it feel like you are back in grade one again trying to impress the teacher.  All the time praying:  Please dont dislike my child!

And how could you dislike this face?  Says the biased mother:

The boys are busy growing which is quite disconcerting.  This is a deceitfully placid photo.  I am sure they were clobbering each other seconds after this was taken....

 Jason's dad has not been well.  He was in ICU for a week and is now back at home.  So Jason and Gabriel are flying to East London to see him next week.  I am looking forward to a weekend alone with Seth but feel anxious about Gabby even though he will be with his dad and his grandmother.  I gave him the choice about going and he wanted to go although he told me very seriously:  "I dont know if i will cope without you."  Me too, baby, boy!

Finally to add to the madness i have builders at my house who are busy tiling and painting up.  Thankfully they are almost done as the mess is unbelievable. Yes, it is part of my crazy spring cleaning madness.

Be wonderful...

Al

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe how much G looks like your mom in that last photo! I feel the same Al, Justin forced my ass to gym on Sunday after a 2 month break but hope you will share some sweet and coffee soon x

    ReplyDelete