Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Life goes on......



This is a strange time of the year. Here in South Africa there are a whole range of public holidays around Easter which create a strange mini festive season. So its hard to be really productive at work when the the promise of another long weekend is just around the corner. A lovely cold, autumn turning into winter long weekend....... More then anything i hope to catch up on some sewing and sleep! What high goals! Very important when you have two toddlers at home. I really did not appreciate my sleep at all until i was a mother. I dream now of afternoon sunny naps, late sunday mornings, late saturday nights knowing that a late sunday morning would follow. Now i am in the sleep deprived world of musical beds, getting up for midnight comforts of re-inserting dummies, tucking in blankets, chasing away bad dreams and so on and so on. Crowned by eager faces at 6am traipsing into my room. Ah, i am sure that i will miss it all when they are smelly teenagers who never want to get up! To inspire everyone into peaceful sleep i thought i would share this photo of an antique crochet afghan that i took in pilgrims rest. I think the tour guide at the museum thought i was crazy. I mean who takes photos of blankets..... um, me? I love the old fashioned hot water bottle. I could sleep on this bed.........

Last night was a lazy, tired, long day at work night that culminated in chinese takeout. I shall have to dig up my domestic self tonight and concoct a magical meal. I will let you know how that goes..........

Wishing you a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment