Monday, January 10, 2011

Its a girl!

Its a girl!

I am in shock.  Well, i am less in shock then last week when i first heard.  It has started to make sense but i still have moments when i will be in the shower or about to go to sleep and think, i am going to have a daughter.  It doesnt seem real to me.  Last week wednesday i went for my scan and the cord was lying over the relevant area.  I decided that i was not leaving without knowing and hopped up and down and coughed frantically until she obliged.

When the doc said it was a girl i didnt really believe her and she had to show me clearly on the screen.

Since then i have sorted out the boys stored baby stuff and have bought some pink stuff.

On the home front i have two more days before i go back to work and the kids go back to school.  I am actually looking forward to it.  I need to say it.  The kids are driving me nuts.  How do people stay at home with their kids?  And god forbid homeschool?  And not kill them?

I am happy to go back to the office and shoulder motherhood guilt that will inspire me to be happy, inspired and positive when i get home.

On the new years eve front i dont have real resolutions, except to sort out the little irritating repairs that i need done at my home, survive having the new baby and the first couple of months, try to lose some of the pregnancy weight post baby and finalise my oz stuff.  As i get older i try to have only one real resolution:  To get through the year, with the greatest amount of joy and happiness in my life.  I try not to sweat the small stuff as i become more aware that most of the little stuff is meaningless.

So it will be a pink year after all....

No comments:

Post a Comment