Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Busy happy times

I am tired but in a happy content way.  I have literally been on the go since last thursday night.  The soccer world cup is on in South Africa and my sister in law kindly got us tickets to go and watch a live match - Chile versus Spain.  I am not normally a soccer fan but really got into the atmosphere.  I even blew my vuvuzela frantically - a african horn that is used by soccer fans to show their support.  I was left with sore lips the next day!
These two cuties are my niece and nephew.  My brother and his family spent a couple of days with us.  What a treat as they live 1000km away and we only see them once a year.  It was amazing to be with both my siblings and to spend time with Nathans kids.  Funny how you are all kids and then next thing you are grown ups with kids!
I wish so much that my sons lived closer to their cousins.  They instantly clicked and had such a ball together.  They are close together in age and just bonded. My house showed the instant chaotic impact of having four kids together but who cares?  They had such fun.  I cant wait to see them again at christmas.  This is poor Erin with my son.  It sucks being the only girl around!

Dont you love this laugh?  Could you not just eat this child?  I could!  With honey on toast!  I love this kid beyond reason! 
 And be still my heart!  I am petrified at how quickly Gabriel is growing.  He is my heart's delight and i just want him to be mine forever.  At the same time i am loving experiencing his growth and his journey of discovery.  What a great level headed kid.

So i had a crazy time.  But a great time.  You know what i mean?

Now, the challenge is to scrap it all!  What a chore! (wink, wink!!)

Al

No comments:

Post a Comment