Saturday, May 16, 2009

Cold autumn days


Ode to Autumn

by John Keats

Season of mists and mellow fruitfulness,
Close bosom-friend of the maturing sun;
Conspiring with him how to load and bless
With fruit the vines that round the thatch-eves run;
To bend with apples the moss'd cottage-trees,
And fill all fruit with ripeness to the core;
To swell the gourd, and plump the hazel shells
With a sweet kernel; to set budding more,
And still more, later flowers for the bees,
Until they think warm days will never cease,
For Summer has o'er-brimm'd their clammy cells.

We had a wonderful day at the open day for Gabriels' school for next year. I cant believe he is starting school next year - my baby! The school is lovely and the teachers very kind. I am now waiting for my two cousins to arrive for a day of baking and scrapbooking. I know we are baking biscuits - a joint effort that we can split up. Have you noticed how much fun baking can be with friends? I am not sure which biscuits we are making but i stocked up on lots of chocolate and chocolate coated nuts. I have my pile of trusted recipe books ready and have a couple in mind. Such choices - chocolate chip, cornflake cookies, peanut butter, orange, ginger... how does one chose? I will let you know which ones made the communal cut.......... and how they taste of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment